Salary: Voluntary (expenses may be paid)
Location: Home based with meetings taking place nationally and online
Responsible to: SPFA Trustees
Job purpose: To support the SPFA Executive Committee
The SPFA are looking for one or potentially two enthusiastic, dedicated and independent people to take an active role in the overall duties of the SPFA Board as an independent Board Director. Successful candidates will join the current Executive Committee.
• Contributes to SPFA strategic planning, policy setting and oversee delivery and management of agreed projects
• In particular the development of
o Fundraising Strategy
o Grassroots development
o Continue growth of sport nationally and internationally
• To undertake and other duties that might reasonably be deemed within the status of the job and appropriate to the post.
• Contribute to fair, consistent and transparent decision making on behalf of the Board
• Attend SPFA Board Meetings and Events
• Advocate on behalf of the Team Scotland Youth Trust
• Promote the work of the SPFA
• This post carries a vote on the SPFA Executive Committee
Experience / Skills Required:
• Good communication skills.
• Able to be well planned with good organisational skills.
• Is competent in the use of IT equipment and social media.
• Prepared to make a regular time commitment
Anticipated Time Requirement:
The term of appointment is 1 year with the possibility of re-election.
Attendance will be required at approximately 4-6 meetings per year. These will mainly be held at
Hampden Park, although location may vary. In addition, ad-hoc email and phone commitment will
be expected at times suitable to your availability.
This is voluntary post, but travel and other related expenses at SPFA agreed rates will be reimbursed.
Application process: Please send a cover letter detailing relevant experience and why you would be
suitable for the role via email to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org