If you have a passion for sports, love dissecting products, and have the ability to write with personality while building trust, conveying authenticity, and demonstrating influence… we’d love to hear from you.
3ForTheWin is a new sporting goods review website on a mission to help athletes make the best buying decision. We take an exhaustive approach to researching and testing the latest sports gear – from soccer balls to golf clubs to enduro mountain bikes (think Wirecutter for sporting goods) and make recommendations on the three best products (for the win!). Unlike the quick-hit SEO content-mills littering the Internet today, we produce in-depth long-form reviews written by experienced guides who obsess over the gear they need to excel on the field, court, track, rink, course, road, trail, or pitch.
We’re looking for writers (we like to call them ‘guides’) to join our team to write content in specific sports categories 2-3x per week. The content will range from 1000 word blog posts (e.g., ‘The State of Soccer Headgear’) to 7000 word product reviews (e.g., ‘The Best Soccer Cleats for Kids’). This will be a long-term contract for remote workers.
- Professional writing experience with an exceptional handle of the english language
- Ability to write with personality while building trust, conveying authenticity, and demonstrating influence
- Passion for a specific sport. While we’re open to sports generalists (are you a multi-sport athlete?), we prefer specialists with experience playing in and a deep passion for the following sports:
- Fitness (Home/Gym)
- Experience writing products reviews or how-to guides a plus
How to Apply
In order to apply, please provide a concise cover letter / introduction of who you are and why you feel you’d be a great guide that includes:
- Your background and experience playing a specific sport from the list above
- What you read, watch, listen-to to stay engaged and informed in the sport you listed in #2
- Three writing samples (product reviews, how-to guides, or sports a plus!) and any other relevant experience
If we feel there is a good fit based on the information you provided in your application, we’ll kick things off with a research project or blog post (~1000 word deliverable) and continue to build from there to more involved projects. We will provide a style guide and research pack depending on the project type.
Thank you for your consideration and we at 3ForTheWin hope to hear from you!
1) Your background and experience playing a specific sport from the list above
2) What you read, watch, listen-to to stay engaged and informed in the sport you listed in #2
3) Three writing samples (product reviews, how-to guides, or sports a plus!) and any other relevant experience