The Football Association Of Wales (faw)
National Game Marketing & Commercial Executive
- Reports to: Head of Competitions
- Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, including some weekend work
- Contractual Status: Full-Time – subject to 6 months probationary period
The Football Association of Wales (FAW) is seeking to appoint a National Game Marketing and Commercial Executive within the Competitions Department. The FAW is the governing body of football in Wales and is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels from grass roots through to the professional game, including the Cymru Premier League and all International squads.
The Competitions Department is responsible for four key elements of the work of the FAW. These are the organisation of the National Leagues, the National Cups, Refereeing and Club Licensing.
The five National Leagues which are administered by the department are The Cymru Premier League, Orchard Welsh Premier Women’s League, JD Cymru North, JD Cymru South and the FAW Futsal League.
The department is also responsible for all National Cup Competitions, including the historic JD Welsh Cup, FAW Women’s Cup, the FAW Trophy, FAW Youth Cup, FAW Girls Cup, FAW Futsal Cup, FAW Regions Cup and all academy competitions.
The Department has a significant volume of work, and therefore, staff will regularly undertake tasks outside the remit of their designated job description. This is essential to ensure the operation of the Department maintains the high standard expected of it. To achieve this, you must be a team player.
The successful candidate will be required to maximise the commercial opportunity of the department’s assets to meet sales quotas. To research and develop various marketing strategies for the department’s products and services. To track marketing and sales data and identify areas of improvement.
- Contributes information, ideas, and research to help develop marketing strategies
- Helps to detail, design, and implement marketing plans for each product or service being offered by the Competitions Department.
- Sets marketing schedules and coordinates stakeholders to implement strategies across multiple channels.
- Maintains excellent relationships with clients as key contact through superior customer service.
- To secure and renew commercial contracts for the Department’s products and services.
- Analyses trends, data, demographics, pricing strategies, and other information that can potentially improve marketing and sales performance for the department and member clubs.
- Creates and presents regular performance reports for managers and the respective Board.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and monitoring the National Game marketing and commercial plan to raise profile, fan-engagement, grow the game and generate revenue.
- Responsible for ensuring the senior competitions meet ambitious targets for online presence, fan experiences, sponsorship, licensing and digital engagement.
- Working closely with the Media department to drive strategy behind website, social media and new technology platforms to grow as a leading player in football content.
- Broaden relationships with media and other key internal and external stakeholders to ensure positive communication between the FAW and partners.
- Implements and adheres to company policies and procedures
- Educated to degree level in marketing, business or a related field, or the equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic football in Wales
- Personal attributes including Customer Service, Creativity, Client Relationships, Interpersonal Communication, Written and Verbal Communication, People Management and Leadership.
- Experience of developing Marketing Strategies, Product Development, Data Tracking, Planning, Research and Analysis,
- Experience of Microsoft applications, for example Word, Excel and Outlook are essential.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team but also without supervision.
- The ability to work outside of normal working hours.
- The ability to speak Welsh (advantageous).
The position is full time and based at the FAW Offices in Cardiff. The post holder will be required at times to perform their duties or additional work outside of normal office hours and/or in different locations, either domestically or internationally, at the discretion of the Head of Competitions.
The FAW integrates equality of opportunity into all aspects of its business including appointments. The principles of fair and open competition will apply, and appointments will be made on merit.
- Deadline for applications is Monday 16 th March 2020.
- Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Applicants must send their current curriculum vitae supported by an accompanying letter detailing: why the applicant believes s/he is a suitable candidate for the post; details of current salary.
- Applications should be sent to *******@faw.co.uk clearly marking the subject of the email: ‘National Game Marketing and Commercial Executive.’
- All interviews will be held at the FAW Offices, Cardiff.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and two professional / personal references, to the satisfaction of the FAW
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org